- Vehicle-buying website CarGurus released its annual list of the best secondhand cars to buy on Wednesday.
- CarGurus analyzed factors like projected depreciation, driver satisfaction, expert reviews, model popularity, and vehicle availability to choose the best used models across 10 vehicle categories.
- The site named the 2014-2019 Chevrolet Corvette the best used sports car, while the 2012-2016 Honda CR-V won the small-crossover category.
- The overall top pick was the 2016-2020 Kia Sorento.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As the ongoing pandemic turns people off from shared forms of transportation like trains, buses, and taxis, a recent study found that more and more people have become interested in buying a car of their own.
And fortunately for shoppers, online car marketplace CarGurus released its fourth-annual Best Used Car Awards on Wednesday.
The site looked at recent-year used models across 10 vehicle categories and judged cars based on user ratings, professional reviews, popularity, availability, and projected 12-year value retention. For each of the 10 vehicle segments — including luxury sedan, full-size pickup, and midsize crossover — the company released a top choice, along with two runners up.
Vehicles are typically broken up into generations where styling and features stay similar, and CarGurus chose from generations available for the 2016 model year — so long as they didn’t stretch back more than a decade. Check out the full list of used-car picks below.